NAS Abuja Chapter marked The World Rabies day on the 28th of September.
The Chapter provided expert information about rabies and how it could affect not only families but the community as well.
- This lecture unveiled the myths about rabies and pointed out how the virus could be passed on.
- Participants understood that being a virus, once the symptoms of rabies manifest, death is imminent. It is therefore incurable.
- Participants understood the need for concerted community efforts to rid the streets of stray dogs that are mostly diseased.
- Participants were taught various ways to identify a rabid dog.
- Participants were taught first aid for bites and the procedure for subsequent care.